7 Gallon Wide Mouth Glass Carboy
Sale $53.45 |
- The Kegco SD-7340J 7 Gallon Wide Mouth Glass Carboy allows you to brew up to 6 gallons without having to worry about the kraeusen clogging up your airlock on big beers
- This carboy is constructed of glass and features a smooth surface that does not easily scratch making them easy to sanitize and without harbor bad odors or flavors
- The jar has a wide opening that makes it easy to reach inside the jar to add and remove ingredients or clean every inch of the inner surface
- Carboy comes equipped with a silicone seal in the plastic lid that creates an airtight seal on the jar and nylon strap handles that makes transporting a breeze
- The Kegco carboys are an ideal fermentation vessel that can provide decades of great performance if you handle them with care
The Kegco 7 Gallon Wide Mouth Glass Carboy the ideal fermentation vessel! You can brew up to 6 gallons without having to worry about the kraeusen clogging up your airlock on big beers. The jar's wide opening makes it easy to reach inside the jar to add and remove ingredients or clean every inch of the inner surface. The smooth glass surface does not scratch easily, so these jars are easy to sanitize and do not harbor bad odors or flavors. They can provide decades of great performance if you handle them with care because they do not break down like plastic carboys or buckets.
The plastic lid creates an airtight seal on the jar and you can install an airlock in the recessed area on the lid to release gasses during fermentation. By installing the included breather cap and filling the recessed area with sanitizer, gas will bubble out without letting in oxygen or other contaminants. Transportation of the glass container is uncomplicated thanks to the nylon strap handles that are included.
Wide Mouth Makes Cleaning Easier Than Ever
The glass jar is less likely to get scratched up than a plastic carboy or bucket, so these jars are already easy to clean, but the wide mouth makes it even more convenient than a normal carboy. Stick your whole arm inside the vessel to reach all of the surface area with a cleaning cloth, ensuring bacteria has no place to hide.
Install Your Own Air Lock
When using this jar as a fermenter, gas will be released from your brew. If the vessel were sealed airtight, the added gas could cause the jar to explode if not vented properly, but if there is not a good seal, your brew could be come oxidized. The removable cap on the lid allows you to install a drilled #3 rubber stopper with your own air lock so the gas can vent without allowing in oxygen.
Built-in Air Lock
The lid has a recessed area with a removable cap that can be replaced with a breather cap to use as an air lock. The breather cap allows gas to escape from the container during fermentation and having it in a recessed area allows you to fill it with sanitizer so that the released gas can bubble out, but harmful oxygen and impurities cannot get in and contaminate your brew.
Adjustable Dial To Set Brew Date
The lid features an adjustable dial that allows you to set the date that you begin fermentation, so if you have multiple batches going at the same time in different jars, it's easy to keep track of when each one started! Simply turn the inner dial to the month and the outer dial to the day. No more sticking a piece of tape on the side with a date scribbled on it!
Durable Straps Make Carrying Easy
If you've ever tried picking up a slippery jar that's filled with a few gallons of liquid, you'll appreciate the convenience and safety of having a strong woven nylon strap to lift and carry the jar from place to place. The straps fit snugly around the jar and criss-cross the bottom to evenly support the weight, but can be quickly slid off the jar for cleaning.